1 cup brown rice syrup
⅓ cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3 tablespoons peanut butter
4 cups granola
4 cups puffed rice or Rice Krispies cereal
½ cup each: sesame, pumpkin, and sunflower seeds
½ cup unsweetened, flaked coconut
1 cup dry-roasted peanuts
1½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
1. Place first four ingredients in a 2-quart kettle and simmer for 10 minutes. (Don’t use a smaller pot—it will boil over!) Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
2. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and add hot syrup mixture. Mix to coat evenly.
3. Spread onto a Bake Magic-lined (or oiled) 12″ x 17″ sheet pan that has sides. Press lightly in place with wet hands.
4. Bake at 350ºF for 10-15 minutes or until bars begin to brown on the edges. Remove and cool for 20 minutes and then, with an oiled knife, cut into squares while still slightly soft.
5. When cool, store in plastic bags, not an airtight container, or they will soften.
Makes about 24 bars.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.