Begin by having 6 medium potatoes baked.
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
6-8 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
1 pound fresh asparagus cut in 1-inch pieces
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes (optional)
2 cups water
½ cup cashews
1 teaspoon Herbamare or salt
3 tablespoons yeast flakes
¼ cup unbleached white flour
Pinch sweet basil
- Sauté onion and garlic in 3-4 tablespoons of water on medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, the remaining tablespoons of water, 3 tablespoons of oil, and salt.
- Cook covered for about 15 minutes until tender. Add the yeast flakes if desired.
- Blend cashews in 1 cup of water until smooth.
- Add the next 2 seasonings, flour, and the remaining water. Blend again.
- Add the sweet basil.
- Pour into a saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring frequently.
- To serve, cut the baked potatoes in half and mash open with a fork.
- Spoon on the sauce and top with the asparagus mixture.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.