Bruschetta di Melanzana
1 medium eggplant, peeled and chopped into cubes
1 small red pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
Cold-pressed olive oil
12 slices Italian bread or baguette toast (preferably whole wheat)
1. Peel and chop the eggplant into small cubes.
2. Place in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 20 minutes.
3. Squeeze to remove the liquid and reserve.
4. To roast the pepper, coat it in olive oil and bake under broiler. Keep turning it until the skin is burnt on all sides.
5. Place in a paper bag or wrap in waxed paper and let cool.
6. Remove the jacket and the seeds and set aside.
7. In a skillet, heat the olive oil and the garlic, add the eggplant, chopped roasted pepper and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
8. Season with oregano. Allow to cool.
9. Serve over the toast.
© 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.