- ¾ c cashew nuts
- 3/8 c whole wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tbsp tahini, optional
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chicken-like seasoning
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes, opt.
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 4 c water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ c diced red sweet peppers or pimientos
- 1 ½ c cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 c frozen peas
- Blend cashews with two cups of the water.
- Add flour, tahini, and seasonings and blend for about 2 minutes until very smooth.
- Simmer onions and peppers in small amount of water for about eight minutes.
- Add blended cashew mixture along with remaining 2 cups of water. Stir while bringing to a boil.
- Add the cooked garbanzos and frozen peas.
- Cook a few minutes more to heat the peas.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.