Delicious example of Create-a-Cake recipe! It uses a little extra sweetener because of the tart orange.
½ cup whole wheat bread flour
¾ cup unbleached white flour*
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon Ener-G Baking Powder (or ½ tablespoon regular)
¾ teaspoon salt
½ cup coconut milk
1/8 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ large orange with half the peel removed
¼ cup water, approximately
*White flour is used in this recipe to make a prettier cake. If you don’t mind a darker color, go ahead and use all whole wheat. I grind my own flour and use white whole wheat—it is a very light color and nice for cakes.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl and mix together.
2. Blend together the remaining ingredients, adding enough water to equal 1¼ cups total liquid in the blender.
3. Mix the liquid into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir briskly, or use an electric hand mixer and beat for about 20 seconds. Immediately pour into an 8-inch round or square baking pan.
4. Place cake in 400°F oven for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F for about 20 minutes, or until knife inserted in center of cake comes out clean and cake is beginning to lightly brown and pull away from the sides.
5. Remove cake from oven and cool for about 10 minutes in the pan, then cover the pan and cake with plastic wrap or place it in a plastic bag to keep it moist until served.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.