- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons agar flakes (or 3 teaspoons of agar powder)*
- 1 cup cashews (may substitute cooked brown rice
- for half of cashews, to reduce fat content)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/8 cup pimentos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yeast flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vege Sal or salt
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder or 2 fresh cloves, opt.
- ½ teaspoon dill weed, opt.
- * Agar powder is cheaper, easier, and quicker to use. (If using agar in acidic fruits then increase the amount of agar as it takes more of it to thicken acid fruits.) Use 1/3 the amount of powder to agar flakes, for example, if the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of agar flakes, use 1 teaspoon of agar powder. It doesn’t require as much powder to thicken something.
- Boil agar flakes with water for 1 – 2 min. (If using agar powder mix it in cool water first, then boil for 45 seconds until it dissolves.)
- Blend the hot agar mixture with all the other ingredients in blender until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into a shallow container. Chill.
- Slice when firm.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.