½ cup of garlic sauce
Preparation of Eggplant:
- Cut the eggplant into slices length-wise from top to bottom.
- Sprinkle with salt and leave in a colander for 15 minutes.
- Spread garlic sauce over each eggplant slice.
- Use a grill or oiled pan to grill eggplant slices until tender, then set aside to cool.
- For garlic sauce: blend until smooth: ½ cup cold-pressed olive oil with 3 cloves garlic
Ingredients for filling:
½ cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil
400 grams firm organic, non-GMO tofu (or 14 oz. tofu, or 1 container water bath tofu), mashed
2 cups spinach, boiled, drained, and chopped
Salt and nutritional yeast flakes, to taste
Ingredients for topping:
2 cups tomato sauce
½ cup bread crumbs
5 Brazil nuts, grated or chopped
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
Salt to taste
Nutritional yeast flakes
Mix in a bowl the bread crumbs, oregano, parsley, grated nuts, salt, and nutritional yeast. Drizzle a little cold-pressed olive oil over it and mix well.
- Saute onion and garlic for the filling until onion is a bit transparent.
- Add the spinach and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until liquid has evaporated.
- Add the tofu and mix well.
- Season with salt and nutritional yeast flakes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Put 2 tablespoons of tofu filling onto the wide end of the eggplant slice and roll up.
- Place each filled eggplant roll in a baking dish greased with cold-pressed olive oil.
- Cover with tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with seasoned bread crumbs.
© 2018 – 2020, Wildwood Sanitarium. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is educational and general in nature. Neither Wildwood Lifestyle Center, its entities, nor author intend this article as a substitute for medical diagnosis, counsel, or treatment by a qualified health professional.