Providing a good amount of magnesium, phosphorus, protein, fiber, and anti-oxidants, millet is certainly nutritious! Studies indicate that millet actually targets diabetes and inflammation.
- 3 cups cooked millet
- 2 cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 cup dry rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ cup fine shredded carrots (optional)
- 1 cup cashew pieces and 1 cup water, blended
- Mix all ingredients except cashews and water.
- Blend cashews in water until smooth. Add blended cashews and mix well.
- Form into patties and place on a oiled cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 Farenheit for 30 minutes or until firm on the outside or lightly brown.
- Serve with salad, vegetables, and your favorite gravy, or in sandwiches.
Yield: 9 patties